My Top 50 Kpop Songs of 2017

Hello friends! And Happy New Year~~!

Another year has come and gone and I took a look back on this year in Kpop music to curate my top 50 favorites! I've also included my top 5 favorite music videos as well as my top 5 favorite albums. ^^



50. Pristin - Wee Woo
49. Vixx - Shangri La 
48. NCT 127 - Whiplash
47. JBJ - Fantasy
46. EXO - Sweet Lies 
45. Block B - Shall We Dance?
44. Hyuna - Lip & Hip 
43. Wanna One - Beautiful 
42. Red Velvet - Peek-A-Boo 
41. BTS - Pied Piper 
40. Jeong Sewoon - Just U 
39. Twice - Heartshaker 
38. EXO - Power 
37. Kard - Hola Hola 
36. Winner - Love Me Love Me 
35. Day6 - I Wait 
34. Twice - Signal 
33. Triple H - 365 Fresh
32. IU - Palette
31. BTS - Spring Day
30. Seventeen - Clap 
29. G.Soul - Circles 
28. BTS - Dimple 
27. NCT 127 - Limitless
26. Taemin - Move
25. GOT7 - Teenager 
24. EXO - The Eve 
23. GOT7 - Remember U  
22. BTS - Go Go 
21. BTS - DNA 
20. NCT 127 - Cherry Bomb 
19. SF9 - Easy Love 
18. Hyuna - Babe
17. Winner - Really Really 
16. Zico - Anti 
15. G.Soul - Can't
14. Blackpink - As If It's Your Last  
13. Red Velvet - Red Flavor
12. Monsta X - Beautiful  
11. Day6 - I'm Serious 
10. EXO - What U Do?
9. GOT7 - Never Ever 
8. BTS - Not Today
7. Seventeen - Change Up 
6. NCT 127 - Baby Don't Like It 
5. BTS (Jimin) - Serendipity 
4. Twice - Likey
3. G-Dragon - B******T
2. Wanna One - Energetic 
1. BTS - Mic Drop

You don't understand how hard it was for me to comprise that list and put them in an order, lol. 
Now, my favorite albums probably come as no surprise. They are as follows:


As for music videos, this was fun to pick. I'm a very visually stimulated person. I love aesthetically pleasing things. I get enjoyment out of looking at art or watching movies/videos with stunning cinematography. Here are my top 5 picks for my favorite music videos of this year:

1. Serendipity

The visuals from this music video were so breathtakingly beautiful. I was completely in awe of each stunning scene paired with Jimin's heavenly vocals.



2. Move

This music video did something for me visually, emotionally, spiritually, sexually LOL. The choreography for this dance is already incredible, and with Taemin's intense sensual glares and beautifully sculpted body dripping wet from the rain, it sent me to places I never imagined.



3. Lip & Hip 

Hyuna said "idgaf" this year. She's known for being sexy in music videos but with this one, she took it up a notch. I loved all of the funny sexual innuendos throughout the video and the fact that she kept it cute and playful. I think this video is very empowering for women to feel comfortable and confident in being sexual beings!



4. Spring Day

BTS music videos for the most part are usually very stunning visually. I especially prefer the videos for songs that have a deeper meaning like Spring Day. Everyone knows about BTS conspiracy theories. It seems like every small detail in every scene can be interpreted in 100 ways. BTS seem to take a lot of inspiration from different pieces of literature and it's very interesting to see them tell a story with their music videos. 



5. Palette

IU is such a stunning woman and I found myself completely captivated by her beauty in this music video. Everything is so simple and minimal, but beautiful. I loved the softness of this music video paired with her dreamy vocals. I really liked GD's rap as well and how they incorporated him in the music video without physically putting him in it. 




Well those are all my favorites from 2017! I'm excited to see what 2018 will bring for kpop. I hope to continue seeing all my favs succeed. :)

Feel free to leave your top 5s of songs, m/vs, and albums down below! I'd love to read them!
And if you haven't seen my video on my top 17 of 2017, you can click the link below:

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really hard. I can't actually imagine how you managed to pick 50, I wouldn't haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~Danielle I love your videos so much & I wanted to know if you can make a video on what you use to edit your videos and also how you design your blog page. I hope you can do that because you have inspired me to make my blog page and upload videos as well. It's okay if you can't but I would love to see it happen <3 ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Danielle,
    First of, I am great fan. Your are beautiful and I have watched almost all of your videos. I really wanted someone's help and this might sound unexpected but I would like your help. I got tickets to a BTS concert here in Prudential Center, New Jersey. My sister and I are going and we got seat 3 and seat 4 in a specific area. And your video about how to get BTS concert has literally helped me and made this miracle real and I would want to get your help again. It's my first time going to any type of concert so I don't know what to do. Should I arrive a little earlier than the concert starts? Do I have to fight for seats? Would I be able to know where I am? I totally understand if you are not comfortable answering my questions, but I would like you to know, as a fellow subscriber and fan, that your help would be very much appreciated.
    My name is Claire Kim and my email is yoohee0713.kim@gmail.com and my instagram is clairekim0713. You can contact me however you want.
    Once again... you are gorgeous and I love your videos. You have all my support.

    ReplyDelete