BTS (방탄소년단) - Wings: "I" Version [UNBOXING] | A Closer Look



BTS are back at it again and let me tell you, I. Am. Floored. My favorite album up to this point has been The Most Beautiful Moment In Life, Pt. 2. From start to finish I thought that album was golden. From the songs to the album aesthetics to the m/v concepts. But this one...THIS ONE. Wings is the actual definition of art. Go ahead. Look it up in the dictionary.

art1
ärt/
noun
  1. 1.
  2.  Wings is the second studio album by South Korean boy group BTS,  released on October 10, 2016 containing 15 tracks... . . . .    .   .


So the album is split into 4 different versions: W, I, N, and G. FOR ANYONE THINKING OF BUYING HEAR THIS: The W version is Jin's, I is Taehyung & J-Hope's, N is Yoongi & Jimin, and G is Rapmon & Jungkook's. I went in buying mine completely clueless. I preordered it without knowing which members were going to be in each version. I knew how they were going to be split up, based on which members circles merged together during the short films. So I was hoping for Jimin & Yoongi's bc like...bias y bias wrecker. But nope :c
But whatever, I love all the boys so let me stop complaining.
And with that being said, let's take a look inside this masterpiece. ^^

So all the other kpop albums I have in my collection are like...book sized? I guess that's how I'd put it. Basically Wings is smol. CD sized. Which I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty disappointed by. I wish the photobook was bigger. But here is what the cover looks like:
Now to the magical part: the concept photos

WHAT KIND OF VISUAL GOD KIM TAEHYUNG

Mark the spot where I can plant my lips kthnx. 

Peep the random shot of my baby, Yoongi, and pink mama Jin. <3
When will the world wake up and realize Jung Hoseok is a beautiful man. 

Orange Hobi is my favorite Hobi. Hair as colorful as his personality. 

After the photos we have the lyric breakdowns. Being a hardcore Jimin stan, my favorite song is his solo, Lie. His vocals are out of this world and I love the instrumentals in this one. A close second is Taehyung's solo, Stigma. His deep soulful voice is insane on this song and I always find myself running to this one when I want to put on a performance in front of my bathroom mirror. :') Now on to the BOP of all BOPS. My ASS SHAKING song, 21세기 소녀 (21st Century Girl). This song pops off from the beginning and the choreography for it is the cutest. 


After the lyrics we have the boys' thank yous & acknowledgements. Which I obviously don't understand. EXCEPT for the fact that Jimin mentioned my EXO bias & baby boo Kai. And he called him 종인이형 Jonginnie-hyung. My hearteu. <3



And of course at the end we have the CD itself.

Now onto probably every fan's favorite part. The photocard, eeee! Now, the photocards aren't based off which album you choose. You can buy a "G" version and still get a Tae photocard or whatever. It's completely random. I just happened to get Hobi in my Hobi version. :) LOOK AT THIS ORANGE HAIRED SMILEY BABY IN HIS STRIPED PAJAMA SHIRT I LOVE. I of course would have loved a Jimin polaroid but I caN'T BE MAD AT THIS FACE. <333
Here is where I purchased my album: http://bit.ly/2fc98OT
I like buying from Music-Plaza because they're actually a kpop store located in Los Angeles. So shipping is cheaper than ordering internationally and it'll also get to you MUCH faster. So American Armys, check it out. :)

Hope you liked today's post! If you haven't yet, give the album a listen. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it / what your favorite songs are!


xoxo, Danielle 

1 comment:

  1. im just now seeing this!!!! love it by the way, even it was a very long time ago.

    ReplyDelete