Year 2016: A Recap



2016 had many ups and many downs. I felt like I was being constantly shit on by the year twenty-sixteen but looking back on it, I had some amazing experiences. And today I would like to relive them with you. Enjoy. ♡


February 10, 2016: EXO'Luxion in Dallas
My first ever kpop concert with my best friend. One of our ultimate bias groups, EXO. Sadly, missing my baby Kai. But still an incredible experience and I miss these boys every day. Fighting for front row tickets to this show was a mad house and we went through hell and back to get as close as we did. I couldn't have been happier with our seats. 



February 22, 2016: Uploaded My First (Legitimate) YouTube Video
I've had a YouTube channel since 2009 I believe? But it has always been filled with just old home videos of friends & family and had a following of only 27 people, mostly old high school friends. Earlier this year I posted my first actual, thought-out, edited video. A beauty haul of products I picked up in Dallas during my EXO trip. Who knew this would be the beginning of much more... :)




April 2nd, 2016: My First Kpop Reaction Video

Now I started my channel out as a beauty/lifestyle vlogger. I wanted to post makeup tutorials, hauls, lookbooks, travel videos, etc. Around the same

time I started posting content on my channel, I was heavily into the kpop world. I knew that reaction videos were a thing (heller, I was a huge JREKML

fan) so I thought to myself, "Hm...filming my own reaction video might be fun." So I uploaded a reaction to one of my favorite artists: GOT7. And the

reaction was BIG. Big for me anyway. While my beauty videos topped out at 200 views this one video brought in 1600!! 

And so this began a new era for youtube dot com slash daaanibear.
My videos were reaching views of 35,000+ and my comment sections were full of such sweet and supportive people. Now I enjoy putting out content

like this and I try to do it as frequently as possible. Which isn't hard seeing as kpop never rests!



July 1, 2016: GOT7 Fly in Dallas

This would mark my 2nd kpop concert in under a year! Hashtag blessed honestly. We got super super lucky while purchasing tickets and ended up with 

hi-touch passes. Basically, a chance to talk to and high five the members. GOT7 are my 2nd favorite group of all time so this was such a big deal. So

much magical stuff happened at this show that I talked about in detail over on my YouTube in one of my highest viewed videos to date (10,000+

views)!


   Plot twist: Jinyoung took my cellphone and took a selfie on it! (ʘᗩʘ’)                     GOT7 always give the best fan service and I put them on a pedestal for that honestly. If you want to hear the rest of what went down on 07/01/16 click the link below!  (http://bit.ly/2iPsXAE)☜
                                                     July 29-31, 2016: KCON
For anyone who doesn't know what KCON is, it's an annual kpop convention held here in the United States! It's 3 days full of everything Korean. If you're a fan of kpop music, k-dramas, korean beauty, korean food, there is something there for everyone. The best part is that I got to experience it with my 2 best friends. ♡ Aside from all the fun games we played, panels we attended, and food we stuffed ourselves with, we got to see some of our ALL TIME favorite k-artists perform. A little list of some of my favs that I got to see:

  • Block B
  • Dean
  • Amber
  • I.O.I
  • SHINee
  • Eric Nam
  • Twice
  • Monsta X
  • BTS

On top of all of this craziness, I got to meet some of my favorite internet influencers who inspire & encourage me every day to

try my best to put out content of my own on the internet. I love all of these people dearly and I'm so happy I could meet them

and tell them so. ^^


Hyunwoo Sun (my Korean teacher!) ◦ Steven from Buzzfeed ◦ Bapmokja&Haeppy ◦ Heyitsfeiii ◦ Miles Jai ◦ JREKML&KennyBoySlay
For more about my experience you can check out my KCON vlog here: (http://bit.ly/2hE0aii)



November 14th, 2016: My Collab Channel


As I had mentioned earlier, my YouTube channel blossomed from a beauty & lifestyle channel to a full blown kpop channel. Along with this switch in

content came an entire new fanbase of people. Because my videos were gaining a lot of views I caught the eye of a lovely lady named Emily, also a

kpop reactor, who had a dream of creating a kpop collab channel. Thus, 7DaysOfStan was born!
Basically I share a channel with 7 other incredibly talented korean culture lovers and we post videos every day about anything hallyu related. ^^; 

Mondays are Trin's, Tuesdays for Coco, Wednesdays for Reiner & Emily, Thursdays belong to Dri, Will uploads on Fridays, Jenna owns Saturday, and I

have the pleasure of being your Sunday uploader! I have so much fun on this channel and I love all of the other members to death! It challenges me

creatively to make new and interesting content for our fanbase, the OT8s. Our fans even created an instagram fan account for us. I love them. :')



Our YouTube channel: (http://bit.ly/2izNyFF) Our Twitter account: (http://bit.ly/2iOG7JZ)

December 17th, 2016: 1k Subs on 7DOS & 2k Subs On Daaanibear
It's funny that I'm just now realizing that I hit 2,000 subscribers on my personal channel on the same day that we hit 1,000 subscribers on our collab channel, haha. But yes, my little channel grew from 27 subscribers to going on 2,500 now in less than a year! It's so crazy to me honestly but I love & appreciate the support from everyone on BOTH of my channels so so much. 
Which brings me to today. The last day of 2016. It's crazy how time flies? Where did this year go? I can't look back on 2016 and hate it too much because as you can see, some amazing things happened. I'm going into 2017 with new goals and resolutions! I hope to work on myself even more and continue exploring new ways to express my creativity. I hope you'll follow along with me on this ride. :)

Here's to a new year & new opportunities! 


No comments:

Post a Comment